Esri has released Esri ArcGIS 10.5, its next-generation analytics technology for innovative organizations.
Organizations worldwide are challenged to make sense of real-time digital information. Esri ArcGIS 10.5 helps them glean insight from enterprise data, big data and the Internet of Things and share that insight in intuitive ways.
The heart of Esri ArcGIS 10.5 includes:
- Improved capabilities for handling large-scale analytics and big data.
- A drag-and-drop interface that streamlines the creation of spatial analysis through maps, charts, and graphs.
- Collaboration features to connect and analyze information across the enterprise.
“If organizations are not looking at data spatially — as it exists in the world around them — they will overlook patterns and trends that impact their business and clients,” said Jack Dangermond, founder and president of Esri. “ArcGIS provides the tools to accelerate their digital transformation, helping them master the analysis of big data, real-time data, and information from the Internet of Things.”
The new release is powered by Esri ArcGIS Enterprise, a significant evolution of the technology formerly known as ArcGIS for Server. ArcGIS Enterprise has been updated to meet the needs of today’s information-dependent organization, with improved power to process and analyze large, disparate datasets. Data that once required hours of processing can now be analyzed in minutes, delivering quick insight from billions of data records.
Another feature of ArcGIS 10.5 is Esri Insights, a drag-and-drop interface that streamlines spatial analysis of geographic and enterprise data through intuitive maps, charts and graphs. In addition, enhanced collaboration tools allow users to break down silos and deliver insight across departments and agencies.
Organizations can deploy Esri ArcGIS in the manner that best fits their business needs — on premises, in the cloud or as software-as-a-service — with industry-standard security and scalability.
In addition, Esri ArcGIS helps users analyze big data with these new capabilities:
- Improved integration of social media feeds, allowing users to integrate Facebook and Google accounts using their own logins.
- Ready-to-build, sharable solutions for raster, vector and tabular data.
- Streamlined deployment to cloud providers including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and IBM Cloud.
- Enhancements to Esri ArcGIS Pro and Esri ArcGIS Online — batch-analytic toolsets, vector tile basemaps and code-free app building — that bring 3D data from drones and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAVs) to mobile devices.
Esri ArcGIS 10.5 makes it easier for organizations to discover and deliver insight from important data. Through this platform, organizations can leverage the world’s most powerful spatial analysis technology anywhere, on any device, behind the firewall or in the cloud, and can easily discover the spatial insight that matters to them — more quickly, more efficiently, and with more confidence.