Title: Entry Level Survey Technician
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Leading Innovation and Integrity… As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Woolpert Inc. is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to serve as entry-level instrument operators and SUE technicians in our Ohio offices. Applicants will work as a member of a survey crew and will be responsible for independently collecting data while utilizing the newest Trimble RTK/GPS and underground utility locating equipment. Each team member will work alongside a crew of instrument operators and survey party chiefs collecting geospatial positional data as well as attribute information on existing gas distribution lines using Trimble RTK/GPS equipment coupled with SPAR utility locating technology. Highly motivated and professional individuals will be considered for rapid advancement.
Our Survey Services Team offers a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment with the opportunity to gain immediate hands-on experience. The successful candidate will be required to meet the following physical demands that are essential to the job:
• Prior surveying experience is preferred but not required
• Familiarity with electromagnetic multi-frequency locating tools and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) is preferred but not required
• Ability to provide sketches of work performed
• Ability to read utility maps, plans, and as-built drawings
• Physical ability to access manholes and confined spaces
• Ability to work alone or in a team setting
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Associates Degree or certificate in a related field with courses in mathematics and/or surveying preferred.
• Regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds
• Excellent customer service skills
• Willing to work in a team environment and receive verbal instructions
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
• Must be willing to submit to drug screen and background check
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn…
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WOO1009/JobBoard/97967b39-b3fa-4972-8da3-2af68e0ffa86
Please no agency or recruiter calls.
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.